Installing Thinfinity VirtualUI
1. Download the installer from the download page in the Cybele Software site:
2. Execute the installer on the target machine.
3. Select the environments to be installed:
Thinfinity VirtualUI Server
Thinfinity VirtualUI Server is an HTTPS/WebSocket Server that maintains the communication between your app and the web browser. Installing this environment will enable you to configure and run your adapted Windows apps. This is not needed for development purposes but its installation is recommended for testing purposes.
in this installation mode, the Thinfinity VirtualUI Server will be installed as a Windows Service.
This environment is meant to be installed on the developer machine. This mode installs the Thinfinity VirtualUI SDK files that you will need to include or reference in your application's project. It includes also one Thinfinity VirtualUI Server that will execute in 'development' mode, to quickly test your application from a web browser.
4. If you are installing the Server Environment, you will be presented with the following options:
This is the default option. Choose this for a stand-alone installation, Thinfinity VirtualUI Server will centralize all the connections.
Broker, Web Services and Virtualization Services
Choose this option to install the Broker components if you wish to distribute the connection's load between several installations. Read more about Scaling and Load Balancing.
Choose this option to install the Gateway component if you wish to distribute the connection's load between several installations. Read more about Scaling and Load Balancing.
5. Press Next and wait for the installation process to finish. When it is done, press the 'Finish' button.